Malinówka - Raspberry Nalewka Recipe (August 12, 2019)
Here's another nalewka you can make. This one is extremely simple and produces a
very sweet, fruity liqueur.
Yep, that's it, just three ingredients.
- vodka or neutral spirits mixed with water to desired alcohol content
Stage 1: Preparation (3 minutes)
Did I mention it's extremely simple to make?
- Fill jar with raspberries.
- Cover raspberries with alcohol.
- Shut jar and find spot to store.
Stage 2: Infusion (~2 weeks+)
Let sit for about two weeks, giving the jar a good shake once a day.
With time, the liquid will become a deep, clear red.
Stage 3: Maceration (~1 week+)
The sugar will start breaking down the fruit, and you'll end up with a jar-full
of sweet, fruity syrup.
- Pour through strainer. Store liquid in a bottle or another jar.
- Throw raspberries back into jar. Cover with sugar.
Like really cover them. Give the jar a few good shakes and add more
- Let sit again for a few days, shaking once a day.
Stage 4: Aging (1 week - until the heat death of the universe)
If you want to be really fancy, you can filter this to get a perfectly clear
liquid, but personally I don't find that necessary.
Pour contents of jar through strainer. Throw away whatever solids remain
of the fruits.
- Combine this syrup with the previously set aside raspberry alcohol.
Let sit for at least a few days or weeks. As with the krupnik, the
mixture will become smoother with shelf time.